Ravi Agarwal, MD
Reproductive Endocrinologist (REI)
About Dr. Agarwal | Reproductive Endocrinologist
Dr. Ravi Agarwal grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. He earned his Bachelor of Science from the University of Southern California (USC) at the Viterbi School of Engineering. He continued on at USC to earn his medical degree from the Keck School of Medicine.
Following med school, he relocated to Boston to complete his residency in obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN) at Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School. Determined to be back in California (and its sunshine), he returned to USC Keck School of Medicine for his fellowship in reproductive endocrinology & infertility (REI).
While in medical school, Dr. Agarwal was awarded the Dean’s Research Scholarship to study complications of pregnancies following in vitro fertilization (IVF). During residency, he earned the Merit Scholarship from the Pacific Coast Reproductive Society, where he serves on a leadership committee. He was also awarded Outstanding Teacher of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2017, 2019 and 2020 by students of Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Agarwal serves on several committees such as the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists and the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology. He has also presented his research and given lectures at conferences nationally.
His desire to return to his hometown and treat patients in the community he loves was what led him to Reproductive Science Center of the San Francisco Bay Area. He was also drawn to the practice’s size and its dedication to helping patients.
An outdoor enthusiast, Dr. Agarwal enjoys golf, hiking, surfing and camping. He is a diehard Warriors fan but admittedly also became a Celtics fan after his time in Boston. His passion for learning goes beyond medicine as he continues trying out new hobbies. Currently he is perfecting the art of brewing a delicious cup of coffee.
I wish no one needed an infertility specialist to achieve their dream family. But I view my job as a privilege to form valuable relationships with my patients, and to help them accomplish their goals by providing compassionate, individualized, evidence-based care.
An introduction to fertility specialist, Dr. Ravi Agarwal
Lightning round: get to know Dr. Agarwal
- Bachelor of Science: Viterbi School of Engineering, University of Southern California
- Doctor of Medicine: Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California
- Residency in obstetrics and gynecology: Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship in reproductive endocrinology & infertility: Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California
- Master of Science: Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California
- Harvard Medical School Award for Outstanding Teaching in Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2017, 2019 and 2020
- Merit Scholarship from Pacific Coast Reproductive Society in 2018 and 2019
- Dean’s Research Scholarship from Keck School of Medicine of USC
- Agarwal R, Winer S, Ho JR, McGinnis LK, Stanzyck F. Prevalence of endometrial hyperplasia and cancer in women with PCOS: a cross-sectional analysis. [Manuscript in preparation]. 2023.
- Place TL, Agarwal R, Najafzadeh P, Walia S, McGinnis LK, Kohli P, Felix JC, Paulson RJ. Consistency of ERA and histologic dating of spatially distinct endometrial samplings: a prospective, blinded study. Fertility and Sterility Reports. 2023.
- Violette C, Agarwal R, Mandelbaum R, Gonzalez J, Hong K, Roman L, Wright J, Paulson RJ, Matsuo K. Potential role of GLP-1 agonist targeting in fertility-sparing treatment in obese patients with endometrial pathology: a call for research. Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy. 2023.
- Awadalla MS, Agarwal R, Ho JR, McGinnis LK, Ahmady AA. Effect of trophectoderm biopsy for PGT-A on live birth rate in good prognosis patients. Reprod Biomed Online. 2022.
- Bakkensen JB, Agarwal R, Shapiro M. Recent advances and current perspectives on endometrial receptivity. Curr Obstet Gynecol Rep. 2021.